Welcome to FateX!

FateX is an expansive world born from the collision of various anime universes. Players can take up canons from any fictional work. Characters from Goku, Yugi Muto, Kratos to even Black Widow can all occupy the same universe. As the player base increases so too will the rate of incursions, introducing new places for characters to explore!

Up Coming Event!

Broly: ? ? ?

Kirishima Yumeji: - 23,280
Mifune Koetsu:
Himiko Toga:
David Darkstar:
Haruko Haruhara: 10,250
Son Gohan:
Jason Todd:
Lustis:
Josiah Sinister:

Top 10 Strongest Characters
Character of the Month
Roleplayer of the Month

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Suggestion Box
Son Gohan
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 03:17 PM

"Omega Squad Captain"
RACE:

Son Gohan
Sid // CURRENTLY Offline

Character Level : 5
Potential : 10,414

[Send Message]

Got ideas on how to make the board even better? Drop'em here and let's talk about it. Feel free to suggest abilities, trademarks, new features, items, planets whatever comes to mind! No promises we'll make implement everything right away, or at all however...

--------------------
user posted image
EMAIL
^
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 08:15 PM

"Grimmy"
RACE:

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez
Brad (Gree) // CURRENTLY Offline

Character Level : 1
Potential : 5,400

[Send Message]

Due to the massive size of the canon pool that is available and the amount of players that actually get involved in large crossover sites like these I think it'd be totally reasonable to allow characters 2 canons. One, it allows for there to be a greater spread of canons from multiple franchises and also increases the level of activity that appears for new players. Plus, maybe someone's looking to RP with specific canons. Perhaps, by allowing players multiple canons this would create this possibility. This is, after all, a full crossover RPG. There is no shortage of anime characters.

This post has been edited by Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: Jul 24 2018, 08:15 PM
EMAIL
^
Jason Todd
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 08:18 PM

""
RACE:

Jason Todd
Ky // CURRENTLY Offline

Character Level :
Potential :

[Send Message]

I cosign the above suggestion
EMAIL
^
Toga
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 08:33 PM

"Himiko Toga"
RACE:

Toga
Colorless // CURRENTLY Offline

Potential : 10,700

[Send Message]

I also cosign with Grim's suggestion. With so many characters to choose from, it seems like there wouldn't be an issue if people wanted a second canon if they didn't want to make a custom OC.

This post has been edited by Toga: Jul 24 2018, 08:33 PM
^
Son Gohan
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 09:36 PM

"Omega Squad Captain"
RACE:

Son Gohan
Sid // CURRENTLY Offline

[Send Message]

Suggestion added, you may now play 2 canons instead of one canon and one oc.

--------------------
user posted image
EMAIL
^
David Darkstar
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 12:50 AM

"Joker"
RACE:

David Darkstar
Dave // CURRENTLY Offline

Character Level :
Potential :

[Send Message]

If i may add, I feel like the current lineup of rare items are a bit.... lackluster. I have fond memories of previous incarnations of the site where it was really fun for folks to be really competitive in search of rare items and whole factions fighting to complete a set of items. I figured the more the merrier and while understand too many would take away the unique shine of these items I have a modest proposal for a handful of items?

here's a couple I just thought of off the fly, i feel like throwing in items well known in canon universes (IE: the infinity stones from Marvel) will be enticing for some players to want to collect those said items

Here's a few random ones I thought of off the fly:

Dragon Amulet: gives the holder one free elemental ability while holding it and 30 SP for a custom tm. (tm goes away as well as the ability if it is lost)

infinity stone (space): grants advanced teleportation while being held, combined with the other infinity stone grants master teleportation instead.

infinity stone (power): grants XXX% increase in ability power, or grants focused energy ability enchances space stone if both are held

Jagged Crown: grants mind control ability to wearer while equiped on head

Astral Sword: level 4 weapon, powered by ki (our version of a lightsaber)

Mithril Vest: prevents xxx occurrences of stabbing of slashing while equpiped in battle. or increased resilience by XXX

Venom Injector: increased strength by XXX% in battle

kinda left it vague and open on purpose so the admins can fill in if they want to borrow any of these if they want to on site but i think my point is made.

EMAIL
^
Son Gohan
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 09:25 AM

"Omega Squad Captain"
RACE:

Son Gohan
Sid // CURRENTLY Offline

[Send Message]

We have plans for a plenty of new rare items they are on the way! We already have a special plan for the Infinity Stones so just look out for that!

--------------------
user posted image
EMAIL
^
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 09:42 AM

"Grimmy"
RACE:

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez
Brad (Gree) // CURRENTLY Offline

Potential : 5,400

[Send Message]

INFINITY STONES, EH? GRIMM MAY JUST SNAP AT THAT OPPORTUNITY
EMAIL
^
Bardock
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 02:06 PM

"Gramps"
RACE:

Bardock
Brad/Gree // CURRENTLY Offline

Potential : 5,000

[Send Message]

Okay, time for me to spew math on here for simplicity's sake and to explain exactly how we can minimize the currencies without making any changes to the current system except for purging either RP or SP.

SP has an effective conversion rate to RP of 10 SP to 1 RP.

Now how does this work, you may ask? Well, good question.
You can at any time trade 10 SP for 1 RP. So that means if you multiplied the RP cost of any RP conversions by 10 then you get exactly what it equals out to.

This literally translates to 10 SP equaling 5 EXP or 100 SP being 75 EXP. Now then, how could we do it the other way? Well divide SP costs by 10 and it will produce the proper RP cost?

The only thing lost is the smallest measurement of "1 SP" which will be a general rarity anyway but if you're really that worried about it I mean just make everything SP as it's the easier number to work on.

So then, you may ask, "How do we handle translating the gains of RP into SP?" Well, the thing is the system already does this for us. "How?" you ask! Well:

Every single thread is given RP and SP. These can be freely transferred between meaning they're exactly equivalent upon updating gains. The easiest thing to do would be to make it all SP

so like 800 words would be
Level 1: 12 SP
Level 5: 25 SP
Level 10: 49 SP
Level 20: 84 SP
Level 30: 130 SP
Level 40: 187 SP
Level 50: 255 SP
Level 60: 334 SP

Again, I want to point out you would not have to change these rates as of the way the system works this already gives you exactly this much SP. As it is now, RP as a currency is entirely redundant and serves only the purpose of a weird additional currency to translate SP into before turning it into EXP. Why have an unneeded extra step there?

If nothing else, at least instate some kind of fee for transferring between the two. The current free transition of currency makes having two entirely redundant.

--------------------
user posted image
EMAIL
^
Son Gohan
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 02:41 PM

"Omega Squad Captain"
RACE:

Son Gohan
Sid // CURRENTLY Offline

[Send Message]

Just like you have different denominations of currency in real life, you have RP and SP where in which RP is the premium variation of said currency. If you want to operate purely in SP you can convert your RP into SP. The two forms of currency are set up in the same way that having 1,000 $1 bills is less appealing than 10 $100 bills.

The staff and I have already talked this over and we are leaving the currency system the same. Keeping them as separate has served us well over the past decade plus.

--------------------
user posted image
EMAIL
^
David Darkstar
 Posted: Aug 8 2018, 03:14 AM

"Joker"
RACE:

David Darkstar
Dave // CURRENTLY Offline

Character Level :
Potential :

[Send Message]

This is more related to like what would happen in like Missions and Sagas and stuff but one thing I was a fan of on previous sites was when Event Characters were they themselves canon characters and it was interesting to see how certain characters interacted with one another.

Some of the new members may not be aware of this but I will share this.

On a previous iteration of the site as Aizen served Dormammu, they debated releasing Cletus Kasady aka Carnage from a imprisonment in hell or something because he was too crazy to control and blah blah blah, Nostalgia aside I think it'll be a good idea to introduce a handful of well known Canon characters form various universes interact with the player characters.

Imagine.... the players being swarmed by a demonic horde (example) when all hope seems lost... BAM, Dr. Fate from Dc Shows up and magics them away to a safe place to where they can recoop and he can explain plot to them and teleport them via magical plot stuff magic....

Or if Red Ribbon released a secret weapon during an attack and HOLYSHIT BALLZ it's METAL SONIC! or MEGA-Man or Doomsday or some other cool character from a popular show or series that makes the players feel more invested in defeating the character and add more suspense and value to that encounter. Anyways my two cents, i know we shouldn't go overboard on certain characters because of course we don't want to use Mega-man working for Red Ribbon and then a Mega Man Player wants to join and then have to ret-con something but honestly imagination is the limit and i feel like it adds a layer to immersion if we have multiple characters from different genres interacting in ways that make the site unique and add a whole fresh layer of experience to the site.

*deep breath*

that being said, i am sleep deprived so I am gonna go to bed now. Night!
EMAIL
^
Son Gohan
 Posted: Aug 8 2018, 12:06 PM

"Omega Squad Captain"
RACE:

Son Gohan
Sid // CURRENTLY Offline

[Send Message]

This is in the works for the upcoming saga, stay tuned!

--------------------
user posted image
EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL